Thanksgiving Leftover Special: Tom Turkey Kha Gai
Thanksgiving Leftover Special: Tom Turkey Kha Gai
One of the great blessings and curses, Thanksgiving is the leftover Turkey. Warmed up the next day, it's great, or to make sandwiches, but by day 3 you want something that tastes not the Turkey. Here comes this spicy coconut Thai soup recipe.
This is my opinion on Tom Kha Gai, and as usual, I make no claim as to its authenticity. I do not know it tastes incredible for me and will make you forget that you even Roast Turkey. There are many password all this here, so be prepared to radically adjust to your liking. It should be quite spicy, sweet, sour and salty, all at once.

If you can, see if you find the galingale or galangal root, as it is sometimes called. It looks like a likely ginger, with a sort of similar taste, although tell of people who make this soup for a living will is much higher different and distant. I decided to use ginger, since that is what the majority of my audience will use, but I thought it was worth mentioning, if you live in an area where this rhizome is available.

As far as the chili oil goes, I did crush together a few tablespoons of sambal with two times more vegetable oil with a mortar and pestle. Once she settles, the magnificent, red oil rises to the top, and you're ready to flow. I hope you have a great act of Thanksgiving, and that some of your leftover Turkey finds its place in this delicious soup. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 4 serving:
6 cups Turkey or chicken broth
3 "piece of ginger, sliced thin
2 stalks fresh Lemongrass, bruised and cut into slices
leaves of lime or lemon kefir, sliced
cilantro stems 2 tablespoons
1/2 c. teaspoon hot pepper flakes, or to taste
Simmer for 15 minutes

Add:
1 pound Turkey or chicken cubes
1 cup mushrooms little
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 can (13 oz) coconut milk
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup green onion
2 tbsp coriander leaves
Oil of Chili, coriander leaves and lime wedges for garnish
Thanksgiving,Leftover,Special:,Tom,Turkey,Kha,Gai,

0 comments:

Post a Comment