Premier League: Ronald Koeman says Louis van Gaal relationship 'no issue'
Ronald Koeman will put any persistent personal issue side when his side Southampton takes Manchester United Monday night.
Koeman had a falling out with Louis van Gaal United boss when the pair worked together at Ajax almost ten years, manager of Southampton feel like hers, then Director of football undermined him.
"It is not question. If you can see, shake us hands. "And that is enough," Koeman said when asked about their relationship. "The game is v Southampton, Manchester United, and the game needs this attention.
"It is not the subject of Ronald Koeman and Louis van Gaal. It is private. It was a problem of work... it is not a problem, it is eight, nine years ago, and now I prefer to talk about the game. »
Van Gaal has been similarly dismissive when approached with the same line of questioning than Koeman in his own press conference.
"I do have to describe my relationship with the trainer of the opponent. I think that's private. We play against Southampton and we must speak of Southampton and not their coach", said van Gaal.
"Ronald Koeman is a very good coach and I know that he can do. I think it is surprising that a club like Southampton is now in that position. It's always down to the coach, the players and the staff. When you do this, it is very good."
The match is vital for both sides as they go into the weekend fixtures, separated by a dot, the Saints holding on to fourth place despite defeats by Manchester City and Arsenal in the last seven days.
Koeman remains positive in the ability of his team but knows that a victory brings a value added after their recent blip.
"A victory?"It is important for the team, he said Friday. "Always when you don't win some games, you need a victory.
"If we play like we did last Wednesday, we have chances to win Monday. If we play like the last 20 minutes against the town, so don't win us Monday.
"I believe in how to play and it's the most important thing because that was all the points that we have this season. ''
Premier,League:,Ronald,Koeman,says,Louis,van,Gaal,relationship,'no,issue',

0 comments:
Post a Comment